Loading...
HomeMy WebLinkAboutMBC 03/03/1998Municipal Building Committee F t=i'F'c Minutes —in [ ft` c March 3, 1998 °3J( �'23 F11?: MEMBERS PRESENT: Chairman Liddick, Members Feeley, Moore, Ind dung Maureen R. Doherty — Administrative Secretary ASSACHUSETT� GUESTS PRESENT: Steven MacCaffrie — JT Callahan & Sons, Walter arker — Director of Buildings and Grounds, Ron Ashton — Keyes Associates The Meeting was called to order at 7.00pin at the Mansfield Town Hall MINUTES: The following minutes have been submitted for review: MOTION: To accept the minutes of February 10, 1998 as amended. WM/RF 4-0-0 MOTION: To accept the minutes of February 24, 1998 as amended. DY/WM 5-0-0 INVOICES: The following invoices have been submitted for approval: Vendor Project Amount Vote Strekalovsky and Hoit Town Hall $ 570.00 DY/RF 5-0-0 Strekalovsky and Hoit Police Station $ 1,923.75 DY/RF 5-0-0 JT Callahan & Sons Robinson School $ 78,087.80 hold General ♦ A request from Bea Kearney RE: authorized signers ♦ Budget Reports —All projects —February 1998 Police Station Proiect ♦ A letter to Roger Hoit from J. Liddick RE: notification on correspondence ♦ A copy of the draft minutes faxed to BBC Robinson School Proiect ♦ A letter to J. Liddick from S. MacCaffrie RE: FA Systems Walk/Instruction ♦ A letter to J. Liddick from S. MacCaffrie RE: Unit Ventilator leak (Mr. Parker prepared a bill that was forwarded to JT. Callahan & Sons — Mr. MacCaffrie stated that he needs a letter fom TCI stating their opinion for the Unit Ventilator leak) ♦ PCO 138 — Fencing — (Mr. Parker stated that this item was included in the specification addendum) ♦ PCO 137 — Meter/Dock (This item was discussed and the bumpers were not included in the new concrete area — the bollards need to be added to the gas area.) ♦ The original release retainer consent of surety (Forward copy to the Town Clerk's Office) Municipal Building Committee Minutes 3-3-98 Page I of 4 ♦ A letter to J. Liddick from S. MacCaffrie RE: Disputed change orders (Mr. MacCaffrie is awaiting for written response from the architect on the items that were in question in the letter) ♦ A letter to J. Liddick from Keyes Associates RE: Disputed changed orders ♦ A letter to J. Liddick from S. MacCaffrie RE: Kitchen Floor (this item has been discussed with the contractor, Mr. Parker and architect — Mr. Parker asked if a sample of this finish be submitted to the committee for any future projects. The area will be repaired over the summer) ♦ A letter to Keyes Associates from S. MacCaffrie RE: Security System (Mr. Ashton gave an overview of this situation. Mr. Parker asked if this situation could be corrected this week. Mr. MacCaffrie stated that Dykeman and H.E.L.P are in discussions to help redefine the security system. The letter from TCI stated that this system was installed incorrectly. TCI had approved all the parts and materials. Chairman Liddick stated that we need to verify that this system has been installed per the plans and specifications. ) ♦ A letter to W. Parker from S. MacCaffrie RE: Pump #4 (This item has been determined to be a maintenance issue) ♦ A letter to W. Parker from S. MacCaffrie RE: Cable wiring ♦ A memo to W. Parker from J. Liddick RE: Unit Ventilator leaks OMS & Hirh School Proiects ♦ A letter to R. Vogel from J. Liddick RE: Invoices Jordan/Jackson ♦ A letter to the Municipal Building Committee RE: Summary of progress (Member Young will call Gale Associates to discuss the March P site meeting at the school) MOTION: To send a letter to A & M roofing asking them to coordinate a site visit with Mr. Parker director of buildings and grounds to reinstall the guards that fell off in 1997 and to submit a proposal to add additional snow guards. (DY/RF 5-0-0) ROBINSON SCHOOL PROJECT: Mr. MacCaffrie gave an overview of the outstanding items at the Robinson School project. The elevator cab will be on site on March 4`h. The waterproof application that was applied is working. The final inspections for all disciplines are on going. The punch list work is being completed as it's being identified. Chairman Liddick asked about ponding of water in the Wonderworks parking lot. Mr. Aston gave an overview of the situation. Member Young stated that the catch basin near the East Street entrance is the high point. There was discussion regarding the graphic design for the fire alarm system. This will be coordinated between Keyes and the electrical contractor. Mr. Ashton will review the signs and the striping for the parking lot with Lt. Sarro. Mr. Parker stated that he felt the best solution to the problem corridor with be to add window treatments. The architect stated that he would coordinate this with the OSO. Member Young asked the about the status of the amphitheater. Member Young asked if shade trees could be added instead of the credit. Mr. Young also asked about the handicap access to Wonderworks. Mr. Parker gave an overview of the situation with the elevations and grading to this area. Municipal Building Committee Minutes 3-3-98 Page 2 of 4 Member Young stated that he would like to have this area reviewed by Mr. Ashton and a response back to the committee. The fencing should be done within the next two weeks. Mr. Ashton asked Chairman Liddick if he reviewed the correspondence from OSO regarding inclusion with the state bid package. Member Young asked about the plywood louvers on the Kindergarten building. Mr. MacCaffrie stated that these items were not scheduled to be replaced. These items were painted. Mr. MacCaffrie stated that the project done would be completed within the next month. There will be some spring time punch list items that will be monetized and completed as the weather permits. OSO/Furnishinu Chairman Liddick reviewed the specifications and asked if they had been reviewed by the school department/users. Mr. Ashton stated that the specs had been reviewed by the school department/users however, he doesn't know if this has been approved by the school committee. Mr. Ashton gave an overview for the state bid list procedures for the school furnishings. Chairman Liddick requested that the specifications be forwarded to architect and have them be forwarded to the appropriate parties. It was recommended that the items be reviewed and have OSO attend the meeting of the March 17th. (7:30) OMS/MHS PROEJCTS: Mr. Ashton stated that the kitchen consultant would be meeting with the vendor to discuss the kitchen situation and review the QMS plans. A meeting has been set up with Wallace Floyd, Mr. Parker and Ed Rosa to review some program changes at the High School. The ventilation system in the science labs will also be discussed at this meeting. The removal of the green house will also be discussed. The stairway will be left in place to allow for roof access. Mr. Ashton will review the shop equipment list at QMS with TCI. There was discussion regarding the installation cable. Mr. MacCaffrie stated that furnishings should be considered in the phasing plan. There was a discussion regarding the need for a mandatory meeting. The opening date for a file sub bids is scheduled for April 20th (a legal holiday). Keyes will be scheduled for the next meeting. Proposals for the abatement contractors will be reviewed. No date has been set for test borings. There was also questions discussed regarding phasing plans, egress plans and staging areas. Mr. Ashton stated that he has received comments from the architectural access barrier board regarding doorways. Mr. Ashton will discuss the hardship with the board. Municipal Building Committee Minutes 3-3-98 Page 3 of 4 JORDAN/JACKSON: The committee reviewed the well at the Jordan/Jackson project. MOTION: To authorize the Town Engineer to have the best locations marked on the fields and move forward with the development and procurement of the well at the Jordan/Jackson elementary school. (DY/RF 5-0-0) Member Young will coordinate this project. POLICE STATION MOTION: To send a letter to the Town Manager asking for the reasons that an occupancy permit has been denied by the building department. Apparently there are some unidentified electrical issues that need to be coordinated Please have these forwarded in writing to the committee so that immediate action may be taken. RF/DY 5-0-0 There was discussion regarding the closeout for the Police Station project. MOTION: To send a letter to the Town Manager stating that we are now is possessions of the as -built plans for the West Mansfield and we are requesting that the final check be issued to Consigli. RF/DY 5-0-0 MOTION: To allow the chair to sign change orders number 7 & 8 once he gets approval from the Town Manager. MOTION: To adjourn at 11:OOpm Signature of dhaiT Date of acceptance - Vote Municipal Building Conunittee Minutes 3-3-98 Page 4 of 4 JORDAN/JACKSON: The committee reviewed the well at the Jordan/Jackson project. MOTION: To authorize the Town Engineer to have the best locations marked on the fields and move forward with the development and procurement of the well at the Jordan/Jackson elementary school. (DY/RF 5-0-0) Member Young will coordinate this project. POLICE STATION MOTION: To send a letter to the Town Manager asking for the reasons that an occupancy permit has been denied by the building department. Apparently there are some unidentified electrical issues that need to be coordinated Please have these forwarded in writing to the committee so that immediate action may be taken. RF/DY 5-0-0 There was discussion regarding the closeout for the Police Station project. MOTION: To send a letter to the Town Manager stating that we are now is possessions of the as -built plans for the West Mansfield and we are requesting that the final check be issued to Consigli. RF/DY 5-0-0 MOTION: To allow the chair to sign change orders number 7 & 8 (Police Station) once he gets approval from the Town Manager. MOTION: To adjourn at 11:00pm cry-'/lye J Signature of Chair Date of acceptance - Vote Municipal Building Committee Minutes 3-3-98 Page 4 of 4