Loading...
HomeMy WebLinkAboutMBC 04/28/1998Municipal Building Committee 1 1( Minutes April 28, 1998 A, UG 18 r 3): o9 MEMBERS PRESENT: Chairman Feeley, Members Gay, Moore a6q'1°6iing 1 E I I S Liddick, M. Doherty, Secretary Steven MacCaffrie —JT Callahan & Sons, Inc., Liz Thornton — School Committee, Dave Burson and Doug McCallum — Wallace Floyd. Dan Freeman, Keyes Dick Battles — Thompson Consultants Inc. INVOICES: The following invoices have been submitted for payment. Vendor Project Amount Vote A ahouser Access Police Station 1,340.05 DY/JL 5-0-0 The Sun Chronicle Jordan/Jackson 50.76 DY/WM 5-0-0 Fas rint M.B.C. 49.80 DY/WM 5-0-0 Fas rint M.B.C. 45.30 DY/WM 5-0-0 C berComm Police Station 9,540.00 JL/WM 5-0-0 Keyes Assoc. High School DY/WM 5-0-0 27,410.13 Keyes Assoc. High School WM/DY 5-0-0 29,781.57 General • A copy of a memo to R. Mangiaratti from Cavanaugh Tocci Associates RE: Clarification of Acoustical Concerns • A memo to the M.B.C. from J. D' Agostino — Computer Applications Survey • A copy of a memo RE: Police Station Open House • A copy of a memo RE: Chairman Workshop ■ A memo to Department Heads RE: GIS Information System • A copy of the Bid Specifications — J/J School complex Robinson School Proiect • A copy of a memo to Keyes Associates from JT Callahan RE: Electrical Punch List • A copy of a memo to Keyes Associates from JT Callahan RE: Change Order dispute • A copy of a memo to Clear Concepts from JT Callahan RE: VCT installation • PCO #147 — Detector Changes ■ A copy of a memo to M.B.C. from JT Callahan RE: Elevator Inspection (Send a letter to Mr. Moretti RE: Elevator — immediate response for Robinson and policy for future school projects) • A copy of a memo to Joe Zarella from JT Callahan RE: Robinson School • A memo to list from R. Feeley RE: Baseball Field • A memo to S. MacCaffrie from R. Feeley RE: Baseball Field • A memo to M.B.C. from S. MacCaffrie RE: Baseball Field OMS/MILS — PROJECTS • A memo to R. Feeley from A. Christopher RE; Outstanding Invoices ■ A letter to D. Freeman from R. Feeley RE: bid Schedule • A memo to R. Feeley from W. Madan RE: Waiver of Fees • A copy of the bid schedule for QMS • A memo to the M.B.C. from Network Services—MPS: RE: Network wiring (This was discussed with representatives from the School Committee stating that they • A fax from D. Freeman RE: TCI — Sprinkler System • A memo to list from A. Robinson/ J. D'Agostino RE: East St. Parking Representatives from Wallace Floyd Architects came before the committee regarding difficulties with the contract with Keyes Associates. There was discussion concerning the possibility for request for direct payment. Member Young suggested that Wallace Floyd speak with Keyes Associates directly regarding reassignment of the contract to the Town. The committee asked if a set of bid documents could be available for review by the end of May. Oualters Middle School The committee reviewed the bid dates for the Qualter's Middle School Project. There was discussion regarding the asbestos abatement for the school projects. Mr. Freeman will call Universal Engineering. The committee asked about the removal of materials in the crawl space beneath the Middle School. This area can be the first area to be completed. Outstanding issues: 1. Proprietary rights under the contract for Johnson Controls: There was discussion regarding the pros and cons of using Johnson Control. The specs could be written to include that the tie-ins must be made by Johnson Control or they must use comparable products. Decided not to do proprietary. 2. Testing of condensate pipe: TCI recommended that this be done. We will send a memo to W. Parker asking that this be completed and forward the invoices to the MBC for payment. Member Gay stated that he would be happy to assist in this matter. 3. Water Main — pressure test for the fire sprinkler. This will be coordinated immediately to be included in the plans and specification. 4. Crawl space: A letter from the school committee must be sent to the Fire Department with copy of fax from Dan (cc: D. Freeman) Cost savings $40-50K 5. Notarized List of Chemicals and quantity stored and to be used in the science labs: Immediate Response needed — Superintendent. 6. Lighting in the Gym/Raceway: Ltr to super re: clarification of gym and stage lighting 7. Review of new plans: boiler room comments. The Committee asked if these plans have been coordinated with all other disciplines. 8. Chapter 60 — issues are being coordinated and reviewed by TCI. Chairman Feeley asked if all the comments from the committee have been incorporated into the drawings. (8:40PM) Mr. Moretti arrived: Chairman Feeley reviewed all the questions and comments with the superintendent of schools. There was a recommendation to have a base standards established prior to construction so that the repayment of the Chapter 60 loan can be coordinated. There was discussion regarding the telephone in the elevators. TCI will forward a letter to the committee recommending the replacement of the unit ventilators at the Middle School. There was discussion regarding the asbestos abatement with the Middle School Project. TCI expressed concerns regarding the review of the mechanical plans. The committee stated their concern regarding the management of the projects. Chairman Feeley stated that he expects Keyes Associates to be financially responsible for any omissions in the documents. John D'Agostino stated that the DOR has ruled that we will need to go on a referendum vote. Member Feeley stated that they are going out to bid on the QMS. The committee asked about awarding the QMS. The Town Manager directed the MBC to move forward with the QMS project. Member Liddick asked if the referendum would include the scope of work as well as the financial aspect. There was discussion regarding the Town Meeting date for the over ride. The MBC stated that there feelings regarding the suit with the town hall project. Chairman Feeley stated that the HVAC start-up is scheduled for 4-30-98 at LOOpm. Clerk of the Works — there was discussion regarding the review of applications. 5-12-98: 5-19-98: 5-26-98: Dave Young gave an overview of the conservation commission meeting. 10:30 p.m. adjournment v�' W