Loading...
HomeMy WebLinkAboutMBC Minutes 2/4/2016MUNICIPAL BUILDING COMMITTEE FEBRUARY 4, 2016 MEETING MINUTES RECEIVED TOWN CLERKS OFFICE MEMBERS PRESENT: Robert Barry, Vice Chairman BrQ MnOMUle"r' U -10 ABSENT: Chris Paquin, Chairman; Julie Hu a�Clrnr<j; 15 GUESTS PRESENT: Mike Ahern, Public Buildings; Mark Cook, Highway Operations Ron Sellon, Police Chief; Neil Boldrighini, Fire Chief Jim Puleo, Fire Lieutenant Joe Milani, and Greg Joynt; Kaestle Boos Duff Collins, Licensed Site Professional Lisa Barry, Secretary The meeting opened at 7:06pm at the Mansfield Town Hall Status update of the Environmental Concerns at Highway Garage Licensed Site Professional (LSP), Duff and underground tanks. He compared e residuals, still a need to monitor the sin. He says it's not required on this site. M about whether or not it is a health risk f no. Option of measuring what is under present are not an issuer Just conducted lowest thev had seen yet. Activitv of u,, time naturali} to this. And opinion, the l section of the recommend u Police parking to short answer is, ;r is the best way is !ollins speaking about removal of former fuel station isting levels vs drinking water levels. Because of tion. Talk about using an underground liner as a seal. rk asked if he would use it personally. Neal is asking the living quarters of the fire house, Duff's answer is :ath now before going forward. The concentrations i round in the fall, when water table was low, it was the limitations discussed. This kind of spill decreases over biggest issue. Bob is asking if he has similar examples of them. Neal is asking for in his best expertise . contamination? Positive pressure building in a small Ouse. The actual mass that is underneath that is quite low. Duff would in an additional monitoring well to check it out. Can probably be done with a test pit but doesn't suggest it. In 5 years the likelihood of this issue will be gone. Weston and Sampson will put in a test boring in the next couple weeks. Confident that the flow is consistent. Going to drill in garage as well. The money for cleanup is a small amount coming out of this budget. Bob recommends a liner for comfort sake. How does it get sealed in? tape all the penetration. One option in addition to moisture barrier there is a way to do a venting system, horizontal PVC, as a vent way for anything that accumulates. KBA discussing traffic layout. Discussing layout of entrance to Police/Fire and DPW, public parking. Gate will be for entrance into the sally port. Private entrance for police. Frank asked about tripping for police cars, that will be question for architects. Discussion about scope issues/estimate costs. DPW building layout discussed. Corridor taken out but no other big changes. Canopy roof is insulated. MBC Meeting Minutes February 4, 2016 Police/Fire Station Functioning but yet good looking. Minor plan changes: small changes made to optional apparatus bay, storage room. Locker room areas: women's side getting more lockers. Training room, podiums taken out, now a flat floor. Upper floor plan, bathrooms were reviewed. Urinals taken out. Discussion on roof size. Concerns of snow build up. Size of conference room discussed since it will be used by community. Outside views shown. Glass windows will show Bell. Board would like to get three estimates, will go through KBA to get them. It is recommended to do it. Mike Ahern will coordinate with KBA for three proposals. Authorize KBA to get 3 proposals for potential reconciliation, RLB, TCI and PMC. Motion To authorize (Young/Cook); all in favor; unanimous General discussion about quality of building, budget, etc. General discussion about bidding process with contractors. Motion To have 5 member pre -qualification committee: one person from MBC (Chris Paquin), KBA, Fire, Police and DPW, (Barry/Boldrighini) all in favor; unanimous Set up first committee meeting tentatively for February 25, General discussion about GC vs CM at risk... asking KBA their opinion. They couldn't tell us which way to go. Bob Barry thinks it will just go design, bid, build (GC). Bob wants to wait until Chris Paquin is available to take a vote on this. Stay course the way it is going right nw. Defer to next meeting. Discussion of plan moving forward after. Conservation Commission relative to tree cutting, stumping and preparation for; geotechnical work -Mike Ahern Filed for RDA with conservation with tentative meeting date of February 22. Followed up with NOI. Geotechnical work has been held out. Mike recommends we give it to Weston and Sampson. Motion To recommend Weston and Sampson (Barry/Cook) all in favor; unanimous SMC work -they completed all their work (survey company). Need to meet with neighbors and talk about the berm, what we are going to plant on it, etc. Invite them as a group. Review and Approval of Invoices Motion To approve Invoice #1 from Kaestle Boos in the amount of $11,400.00 for schematic design phase (Boldrighini/Cook) all in favor; unanimous MC Meeting Minutes February 4, 2016 Motion To approve Invoice #2 from Kaestle Boos in the amount of $193,800.00 for schematic design phase (Cook/Young) all in favor; unanimous Motion To pay $22,800.00 portion only for completion of schematic documents, on Invoice #3 from Kaestle Boos in the amount of $122,550.00 for schematic design phase other portions will be discussed at a later date (Boldrighini/Cook); 1 opposed Discussion on Mike Ahern's positon and what is needed of him and a secretary Committee will write letter to Bill Ross asking for help for Mike Ahern, Motion To adjourn 10:12pm (Cook/Young) all in favor; unanimous Copies of approved invoices can be found in the MBC meeting room file cabinet. Respectfully submitted, Chris Paquin MBC Meeting Minutes February 4, 2016