HomeMy WebLinkAboutMBC Minutes 3/10/2016MUNICIPAL BUILDING COMMITTEE
MARCH 10, 2016
MEETING MINUTES RECEIVED
TOWN, Cl.•F IKS OFFICE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Chris Paquin, Chairman; Robert Barr},1 MOM" liaiYmfah 11: 1 tl
Bryan Young, Member; Evan Epstein, Me bec,r.
ABSENT: Julie Hunter, Member
GUESTS PRESENT: Mike Ahern, OPM/Public Buildings; Mark Cook, Highway
Operations; Neil Boldrighini, Fire Chief
Joe Milani, Greg Joynt, Kaestle Boos Associates
Lisa Barry, Secretary
The meeting opened at 6:56pm at the Mansfield
Review and Discussion of Invoices
No new invoices to review.
Budget to review:
KBA wants some time to reconcile the two ideas; will come to next week's meeting and
hopefully make a decision;
Handout of Opinion of Probable Project Cost:
Construction Costs and Owner's Indirect Costs.
General discussion regarding the two estimates of Daedelus and PM&C.
Two estimates are within .82% of each other. Based on drawings and specifications from the
Daedelus package. The Daedelus estimate is below what budget estimate is,
0.7 percent difference in construction estimates.
They both carry $50,000.
Based upon reconciled estimates we are at or near project cost budget. Design contingency.
Built into these numbers.
Utility cost? Will there be any back charges? Chris is asking. Would it be taken out of budget?
Working with electric dept. right now. Mike had a meeting with light dept today. Getting
drawings for all wiring to be underground.
Chris has requested all permit fees be waived.
MBC Meeting Minutes March 10, 2016 ,
Mike mentioned that Bill Ross wants all roadwork to be part of this project not town road bond,
etc.
Brian says there is no way this can go in the budget based on $600,000 cost.
Contract from VHB, waiting on answer back from Weston and Sampson on traffic signal work.
Once it goes to GC we will have a better idea oncost.
90% OPM cost would come out of budget as well. Need to make sure Mike's replacement will
not be part of this budget.
Need to get cost of generators. Generators will be for Public Safety and DPW buildings.
Joe Milani would like to be about 2% below when we go out to bid.
Need to get going on pre -qualifications, they will be done soon, Mike will set up in the next
week.
General discussion about scoring contractors. How long review process will take, reference
checks, etc. Project Dog will streamline some of the time.
If we only get one bid for a section, it would go back out to bid.
Hard copy or email??, hard copy is preferred by everyone.
Everyone looks at all of the GC'sbut each member gets one copy of each bidder. Get together
as a group and review and vote on it. Spreadsheet in the end have all the scores for each.
(GJ) asking if it makes sense to have project dog do most of the work and just have one hard
copy
General discussion on Design sub -committee, members and who will chair committee?
Camera on site:
Mike spoke with Sacha, we could make a link of website, update with pictures, have a camera,
stream video,
(MA): 2 neighbors near garage are requesting berms sooner than later.
Next meeting: recommended designs presented by KBA;
Costs being reviewed by Brian Young:
Project Accounting Summary Handout from Bryan being discussed.
Bryan would like feedback on soft costs by early next week.
Discussion of change orders: design errors, requests to bring more enhancements, etc. (BY):
Change orders are not necessarily a bad thing they, can make the building better. Lee wouldn't
consider changing materials if the prices come in ]ower. Everyone agrees.
MBC will review all change orders, Mike will review and decide what gets done. MBC will have
final say and approval regarding all change orders based on Mike's input.
MBC Meeting Minutes March 10, 2016
Discussion about office furniture. Evan is going to check at Covidien for the furniture they are
getting rid of.
Motion to adjourn at 9:OOpm (Young/Barry) all in favor; unanimous
Copies of approved invoices can be found in the MBC meeting room file cabinet.
Respectfully submitted,
Chris Paquin
Signat hair
Date of Acceptance
MBC Meeting Minutes March 10, 2016