Loading...
HomeMy WebLinkAboutDAC 02/07/2023Town o Mansfield .f 6 Park Jaip, Mansfield, Massachasel# 02048 RECEIVED Downtown Committee TOWN CLERKS OFFICE 1013 MAR - 8 P 3. 31 Meetine Minutes 2.7.2023 ... _ _. _ h9ASSACHUSETT Present: Ms. Eileen Cusack, Mr. George Pantos. Mr. Chris Jackson and Mr. Jack Cooney arrive at 6:32PM Not present: Mr. Kevin Dumas, Town Manager, Chair, Ms. Martha O'Connell, Mr. Neil Rhein Guests: Mr. Josh Reinke, DPW Director and Mr. Chris McDermott, Economic Development Director Minutes: Sharon Varricchlone 1. Call to Order: The Downtown Committee was called to order at 6:35PM by Mr. Chris McDermott, Economic Development Director. Mr. Chris McDermott was the acting chair as Mr. Dumas could not attend the meeting. 2. Acceptance of Minutes from January 3 2022: Motion: To adopt the meeting minutes of January 3, 2022. Passes 5:0(Pantos/Cusack) 3. Traffic Box Locations and Traffic Light Control Box Wrapping Policy Review:• Mr. Chris McDermott spoke about the Traffic Box Wrapping for the next item in the agenda and handed it over to Ms. Cusack. Ms. Cusack stated she had great conversations with Mum Brooks Fawcett from the Attleboro Art Museum, Glenn Fournier from the Morin! Art Gallery at the MassArts Center in Mansfield MA and Dave Campbell from Cool Air Creations in Smithfield, RI regarding the traffic light wrapping project. She then stated that the Downtown committee needs to come up with a clever name for the project. Regarding the Artists, the Town of Attleboro used Attleboro Artists or Artists that worked in Attleboro. Regarding the locations, Attleboro started wrapping downtown traffic control boxes and then worked their way out. Attleboro did not receive any negative residential feedback on social median fact, Ms. Cusack said it was positively received and that logos or sponsorships were not allowed on the Traffic Box wrappings. Instead, they put a OR code on it which showed the project and highlights the Artist. Ms. Cusack mentioned that Mr. Fournier would like to help identify some artists and recommend two artists to possibly start with, one being a photographer. The Committee can then review and pick artists. Ms. Cusack also suggested the art give a nod to the upcoming 250' celebration. Ms. Cusack stated she would need photographs and dimensions/measurements of all four sides of the traffic boxes for the wrapping company and the artists. Mr. Reinke stated that DPW will get the measurements. Ms. Cusack also stated that the artwork should be 300 DPI when sending it to Cool Air, the wrapping company and that it usually takes 1.5 months to prepare. She also noted that they do a great job and the color barely fades. Mr. McDermott suggested getting recommendations for Mansfield artists for the first two boxes from Mr. Fournier Morin! at the Mass Arts Center. Mr. Reinke, Mr. Pantos and Ms. Cusack all agreed that DPW should be there for traffic box wrapping installations. Mr. Cooney asked about cost of artists. Ms. Cusack said it's free, the artists will be excited about getting recognized. Mr. Reinke inquired about paying for the cost of the actual wrappings and the Committee agreed to discuss this at the next meeting. Ms. Cusack suggested asking the to see if the Cultural Council could ask for Grants to help. t 4. Next Meetins.Date: March 71^ at 6:30pm, future dates below • 5/2/23 • 9/5/23 • 6/6/23 • 10/3/23 • 7/11/23 • 11/7/23 • 8/1/23 • 12/5/23 S. Anv items not known 48 hours prior: Mr. Pantos asked about the Harry Chase Place area behind his restaurant, Jimmy's Pub and if itwas still happening. Mr. McDermott said they would give an update at the next meeting. Mr. Pantos then inquired about the bike path and when would the work start happening and Mr. Reinke stated sometime this summer and that he's excited about the project that will run all the way through the airport all the way to Norton. Mr. Pantos then stated he's seen trash on the bike path and Mr. Reinke stated he would send a DPW worker to go check it out. Mr. Cooney inquired about the seasonal events. Mr. McDermott stated that they would discuss during the next meeting when Mr. Dumas was in person but it was the possibility of one to two events. Mr. Reinke offered that there is no schedule right now to put the duck boats in the water at Fulton's Pond but it would most likely happen in July and August this summer. 6. Adjournment: Motion: T adjourn the meeting at 7:40 PM. Passes 6:0 ooney/Cusack) - 1OV--\\ Kevin Dumas, C Date